Saturday, January 20, 2007

What is Hafiz telling us?


Into the mirror of my cup the reflection of your glorious face fell And from the gentle laughter of love, into a drunken state of longing I fell Struck with wonder by the beauty of the picture that within my cup I beheld The picture of this world of illusion from the reflection of my mind fell
From the house of prayer into the house of drink I fell not of myself From eternity it was meant to be you came to me and into drunkenness I fell
From the beginningless beginning beneath the veil your face was hidden well but upon those with love and wisdom a ray from your most glorious face fell
All this world, reflected wonder, wine and love and song, in which we dwell Is nothing but a fragment of the one whose reflection into my cup fell. What is Hafiz telling us?
Lov Maggi

No comments: