Friday, January 05, 2007

Four letter word

I feel the need to write about the four letters I wrote on my flash paper on New Year's Eve.
F
E
A
R
Seems to be a regular topic around here, huh?
Yes, and the reason being, it's a creature I really struggle with. Have struggled with my entire life. Don't we all?
This four letter word is virtually the only thing that holds me down.
When I lit the paper and it vanished...it did seem to lift a weight off my shoulders. Although it did not make the fear magically disappear, it did help me in the way that works best for me, the way I can benefit (learn) more from. That is...leaving the fears, but adding bravery. Adding courage, strength, optomism....hope.
"The best remedy for those who are afraid, lonely or unhappy is to go outside, somewhere where they can be quiet, alone with the heavens, nature and God. Because only then does one feel that all is as it should be and that God wishes to see people happy, amidst the simple beauty of nature." --Anne Frank
"If your heart acquires strength, you will be able to remove blemishes from
others without thinking evil of them."
--Mohandas K. Ghandi (aka (picky people)Gandhi...GAHN-DEE :) )

No comments: