Friday, January 05, 2007

Poetry you can dance to


He whose head is in love's shade/ Beneath his feet will be paradise/ He whose head is in love's shade
Come, my shadow, shadow, shadow, shadow/ My shadow, shadow, shadow, shadow/ Come, my shadow, shadow, shadow/ Come, my shadow, shadow, shadow, shadow/ Come, my shadow, shadow, shadow/ Come, my shadow, shadow, shadow
With your head in love's shade come, my shadow/ With your head in love's shade come, my shadow/ Let my feet walk upon paradise, come my shadow/ Let my feet walk upon paradise, come my shadow/ Come, my shadow, shadow, shadow, shadow
That friend who is like a fragrance /Whose language is like Urdu/ She is my evening and night, my universe/ She is my friend, my beloved, beloved/ Come, my shadow, shadow, shadow, shadow/ Come, my shadow, shadow, shadow, shadow
Sometimes a hidden flower flaunts itself,/ If it lets off a fragrance then it comes into view/ Wear it like a sacred amulet, it will be like a religous verse/ Sometimes a hidden flower flaunts itself,/ If it lets off a fragrance then it comes into view/ Wear it like a sacred amulet, it will be like a religious verse
That friend who is like a spiritual leader/ She is my melody, she is my Quranic verse/ My melody, melody, my Quranic verse, Quranic verse/ My melody, melody, my Quranic verse, Quranic verse/ She walks like the morning dew, underneath her feet heaven moves/ Sometimes the tree branches, sometimes the leaves I search for traces of her in the air
With your head in love's shade come, my shadow/ With your head in love's shade come, my shadow/ Let my feet walk upon paradise, come my shadow/ Let my feet walk upon paradise, come my shadow/ Come, my shadow, shadow, shadow, shadow
I am the admirer of her beauty, she is a wanderer like the daylight and shade/ She changes the color of her radiance, I am the barterer of color and beauty/ I am the barterer of color and beauty
He whose head is in love's shade, beneath his feet will be paradise/ Evening and night, my universe, that friend is my beloved, beloved/ Come, my shadow, shadow, shadow, shadow
With your head in love's shade come, my shadow/ With your head in love's shade come, my shadow/ Let my feet walk upon paradise, come my shadow/ Let my feet walk upon paradise, come my shadow/ Come, my shadow, shadow, shadow, shadow
That friend who is like a fragrance/ Whose language is like Urdu/ She is my evening and night, my univers/e She is my friend, my beloved, beloved/ Come, my shadow, shadow, shadow, shadow/ Come, my shadow, shadow, shadow, shadow/ My shadow, shadow, shadow, shadow/ Come, my shadow, shadow, shadow, shadow
--"Chaiyya, Chaiyya" -A.R.Rahman (sorry... I'm obsessed :P)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=MLPuBHqm3Os

No comments: