Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Reminds me..

I'm writing you to catch you up on places/ I've been You held this letter/ probably got excited, but there's nothing else inside it
didn't have a camera/ by my side this time/ hoping I would see the world with both my eyes/ maybe I will tell you all about it when I'm/ in the mood to lose my way/ with words
Today skies are painted colors of a cowboy's cliche'/ And strange how clouds that look like mountains in the sky/ are next to mountains anyway
Didn't have a camera by my side this time/ Hoping I would see the world with both my eyes/ Maybe I will tell you all about it when I'm/ in the mood to lose my way/ but let me say
You should have seen that sunrise with your own eyes/ it brought me back to life/ You'll be with me next time I go outside/ just no more 3x5's
Guess you had to be there/ Guess you had to be with me
Today I finally overcame/ tryin' to fit the world inside a picture frame/ Maybe I will tell you all about it when I'm in the mood to/ lose my way but let me say
You should have seen that sunrise with your own eyes/ it brought me back to life/ You'll be with me next time I go outside/ just no more 3x5's/ no more 3x5's
--song by John Mayer

No comments: