Wednesday, December 27, 2006

a silly thought at night...


I was thinking about fear again.
Remember how I talked so informed, and determined about it...and yet hypocritical about it at the same time. It's one thing I've yet to overcome.
I have to say, I am getting better at it...getting better at controlling fright in myself. It's just something that was forced into me all at once ever since I was very young and now, I am really pushing for a new start. A new start in all aspects of my life. And it all began with my decision to come here. Now.. I am forced to be brave....not only by nature, unknown sources...but by myself. I'm talking to myself now. Telling myself what only I know I need to hear.
I think at this point, I've realized...temporary or not, that is where my comfort is...as well as my enemy. You know.. they say the most formidable enemy lies within oneself.
Have I begun answering my own questions?
"It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new. But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful. There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power."--Alan Cohen
"The important thing is this: To be able at any moment to sacrifice what we are for what we could become."--Charles Dubois
"Only when we are no longer afraid do we begin to live." -- Dorothy Thompson
"If you lose hope, somehow you lose the vitality that keeps life moving, you lose that courage to be, that quality that helps you go on in spite of it all. And so today I still have a dream." --'The Trumpet of Conscience'- Martin Luther King Jr.

No comments: