Saturday, December 16, 2006

Mirror Mask


Wow... I was so close. TIME magazine "person of the year" turns out to be...well, 'You'.

Honestly I had a similar first thought. I was thinking, they'll probably just throw away all candidates and just have it be everyone. 'You', as the consumers and citizens that make up the most influencial event(s) of 2006, according to TIME. It was a perfect choice. Couldn't go wrong with it. There was simply too many major events this year that could have been covered.

I mean, as soon as they started narrowing the choices down, I started dismissing my original ideas. I switched them out for what I wanted it to be. I personally thought, maybe they out to do the "bad guy" this time. It's been too long since there was a "bad guy". So I was going more for Ahmedinejad ((sp?) AKA the modern Hitler??). But I'm happy with their choice, and can't wait to head over to Borders with a Starbucks and read it!

"If liberty and equality, as is thought by some, are chiefly to be found in democracy, they will be best attained when all persons alike share in the government to the utmost." --Aristotle

Damn.. if only ^. All congress will be doing in 2007 seven is focussing on how to gain more power for their party or just themselves in preparation for 2008. They aren't the leaders....we're the leaders, the people........ummm.... right?

“We believe that atomic energy is a blessing given by God”-- Mahmoud Ahmedinejad-- "How can you prove you are not a bad person? You can't prove that.”

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

No comments: