Sunday, October 07, 2007

Women in art.

Mesmerizing ;)

I think all artist's think alike.....and it is just known that the woman in a painting is the epitome of Beauty.

As some have tried to convince me, I disagree... A woman painting a "woman" should not be "ethically" verboten.

There are few things that measure up to or are more magnificent and mysterious and hypnotic than the human body. I am not saying that as an opinion, I'm saying it as it is. If you claim to disagree, then there is something seriously wrong with you.

"I paint self-portraits because I am so often alone, because I am the person I know best." --Frida Kahlo

"Sometimes the painting starts to relate very directly to either sights seen or experiences felt, other times it just goes off on a tangent that you really can’t articulate." -- Susan Rothenburg

No comments: