Thursday, October 04, 2007

Kite Runner



Ah.....delaying the premiere of the highly anticipated "The Kite Runner", based on Khaled Hosseini's novel. Now, why isn't this surprise? hmmmmm...


It is sad that the actor's parents requested the film be delayed at least long enough to allow them to flee the country (Afghanistan). It's sad, but I'm not surprised....there are many controversial themes and scenes in the book. Sensitive issues, yes... but it's just not right that it should anger people so much that these actors fear for their safety.


In any case... I cant wait for the film to be released. I watched the trailer...and it reminded me....


No book has ever caused these sort of tears to run from my eyes before. It's impossible to describe what Hosseini's writing has allowed me to experience. Nearly every emotion expressable by a human was touched upon. I found I could relate in such odd ways, yet direct ways to this story. It taught me so much. It helped me get through a very difficult time as well....strange, being such a miserable book, but so uplifting. At one point, I had to put the book away for some time because it was just too much.....so much coincided with me that I just couldn't take it. It had been fate too, I know it, I ran into the book in a way that isn't explained in any other way. Kept pushing itself into my life for years...and it took this long, it took a knock on the head to finally get me to pay attention. I don't think I'll ever read a book that will affect me as much.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=-1Ivdc76nAY&mode=related&search=

1 comment:

Xunoz said...

interesting...you never told me that? I'll read the book asap :)