Tuesday, July 31, 2007

D.A.D.D.

So the other day... I had this orientation to go to. So I got myself all fixed up for the first time in while... (..I been savoring these last days before I actually have to do something again...). And my dad gives me this strange look,
I say.. "What?"
"You look really nice. I'm worried"
Oh no..."D.A.D.D. ?"
"Yep"
Now, getting a compliment like that... "nice"....it doesn't seem like much. But you have to understand, when coming from him...it is a lot and it is a rare occurance (And no, not just because I'm rarely looking nice...).
Thanks to him, I walked around with my chin up the rest of the day.
(btw-- D.A.D.D. = Dad's Against Daughters Dating)
“A father is always making his baby into a little woman. And when she is a woman he turns her back again.” --Enid Bagnold

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Its been a long time since you have posted anything on your blog. Come on, post something.