Thursday, March 08, 2007

Surprise!


It was s'posed to be a surprise, but I artfully ruined it :)
Turns out my dad and I are going to get away for a few days and see Evan preform at Carnegie :) yay!
( I think I had too high of expectations when e handed me the tickets... reading... "Days Inn, Alexandria"....wait....Alexandria, Egypt ???? :P But this is good too.)
We're gonna mozy our way up...stop in Washington D.C. for a day... go to museums, galleries... etc. Then head to Philly and go to a few more rather prestigious galleries etc. (Maybe I can lick the Liberty Bell for real this time ;) ) Then FINALLY, to NYC...see a few sites in the city (I'm not so sure I want to go to Ground Zero, I will cry.) until the show. But the twist is, Evan doesn't know I'm coming. He has the idea that we can't afford (which we can't lol, and I'm giving up my class til next year to do this) So he won't even expect it. :)
I'm verrrrrrrrrry excited for this. (Now I get to brag that MY brother is singing in the CARNEGIE ;) )
http://www.carnegiehall.org/article/box_office/events/evt_7733.html?selecteddate=03192007 (see the "Madison High School, Rexburg, Idaho"....)
"A Bodhisattva is someone who has compassion within himself or herself and who is able to make another person smile or help someone suffer less. Every one of us is capable of this."
"We really have to understand the person we want to love. If our love is only a will to possess, it is not love. If we only think of ourselves, if we know only our own needs and ignore the needs of the other person, we cannot love."
"In true dialogue, both sides are willing to change."
"People deal too much with the negative, with what is wrong. Why not try and see positive things, to just touch those things and make them bloom?"
--Thich Nhat Hanh

No comments: